NEW STUDENT CONFERENCE OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS
Welcome to the Aggie family! Allow us to take care of your housing needs during your New Student Conference (NSC).
Conferences & Guest Services within the Department of Residence Life would like to ease your NSC planning by inviting you, family members and friends to stay with NSC Housing.
Conveniently located next to all your conference activities, our housing is an affordable option for any traveling students in need of place to stay during their conference.
Please know, that NSC Housing tends to fill quickly and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, New Student Conference housing is not available for January & August conferences since current students occupy our halls and apartments.
NSC Overnight Accommodations is OPTIONAL, therefore the cost for overnight accommodations is NOT included in the NSC registration fees.
You will not pay for NSC Overnight Accommodations at your conference. The cost for NSC Overnight Accommodations will appear on the student fees statement, which will be charged in early August. There is a $10.00 charge per person for guest(s) who fail to make housing reservations for their assigned NSC. To see where the NSC Overnight Accommodations Residence Halls and White Creek Apartments are located on campus, please view our map.
|New Student Conference Overnight Accommodations Options|
|Student Housing Options||Residence Hall Room Type||Rates|
|Residence Halls||Double Room:|
Share a room with another student,
family member, or friend
Only one person in a room
|Family Housing Options||Apartment Type||Rates|
|White Creek Apartments *||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
* White Creek Apartment (WCA) Family Housing located on West Campus – are rented per night. Only one student family per apartment. Apartments are fully furnished with a refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven, bedroom furniture, and living room furniture. Free WIFI is provided campus wide. Not provided in each apartment: TV’s, dining ware (e.g. glasses, silverware), and cookware (e.g. pots, pans, coffeemaker). Dining options on west campus are limited but dining options are available on main campus at the Memorial Student Center (MSC) and Sbisa Dining Hall. Please see table above for rates for WCA Family Housing.
- Please note that bus service between White Creek and the MSC is available between 7:00am and 6:00pm via Bus Route 03. Service interval is approximately every 10-15 minutes. This bus route serves White Creek Apartments and the Student Services Offices located across the street. The bus also makes stops at Wehner to provide service to several buildings in that vicinity such as the Wehner building (Mays Business School), HEEP Center and Reynolds Medical Building before returning to the MSC. If transportation is needed outside of campus transit service hours, students and family members will need to make alternative travel plans.
- NSC parking permits allow parking in lot 122 adjacent to White Creek Apartments as well as in lot 61, West Campus Garage, and Cain Garage for events in the MSC and Rudder Tower/Auditorium.
All rates subject to change.
- Freshmen Students – Summer and Fall 2017 Admits: May 1, 2017
- Transfer Students – Contact the Office of Admissions
Making a Reservation
The steps below MUST be followed in sequential order to insure that your NSC Overnight Accommodations Registration is processed correctly.
The new student MUST accept their Offer of Admission to Texas A&M University. To do this, visit the Office of Admissions Applicant Information System.
If you have questions about accepting your offer of admission, please contact the Office of Admissions at 979.845.1060 or Admissions@tamu.edu.
After accepting the Offer of Admission, the student and their party MUST register for the New Student Conference. To do this, visit the Office of Admissions Applicant Information System.
If you want to verify your NSC date, that can also be handled through the Applicant Information System.
If you have questions about registering or confirming for your New Student Conference, please contact the Office of New Student & Family Programs at 979.845.5826 or email@example.com.
Only after Steps 1 & 2 have been completed can you proceed to the NSC Overnight Accommodations Registration. To do this:
- Click on the Complete the NSC Overnight Accommodations Registration button below. You will be taken to Teas A&M’s Central Authentication System (CAS)
- Log in to CAS using your NetID and password. You will then be taken to the NSC Overnight Accommodations Registration Form
- Log in or create an Iris Account to log in
- Follow the on-screen instructions for completing the registration
If you have question regarding NSC Overnight Accommodations Registration, please contact Conferences Services at 979.845.9381 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation/No Show Policy
If you fail to cancel your NSC Overnight Accommodations within 48 hours of your arrival or do not show up for check-in, you and your party will be charged a 1 night stay on your State of Texas student account. This includes if you decide not to accept your admission to Texas A&M University. If not paid, this bill may cause holds or conflicts including but not limited to: scholarships, awards, financial aid, and/or tuition.
Changes or cancellations to a reservation can be made up to 48 hours prior to your conference by contacting Conferences & Guest Services at 979.845.9381 or email@example.com.
NSC Overnight Accommodations must be cancelled separately from New Student Conference cancellations.
Although your conference is just a few days, we want your stay with us to be enjoyable and safe. For that reason we have created a flyer full of important information that could be useful to your during your stay with us. Whether it’s phone numbers, rules, or safety guidelines you have questions about, we’ve got you covered! | Download the Guest Health, Safety, & Security flyer.
- Office of Admissions – This office may assist you with questions regarding NSC registration.
- New Student & Family Programs – The best office to ask general New Student Conference questions.
- New Student Conferences – If you have not yet registered for your NSC, this is the place to visit.
- NSC Parking – Parking passes are required for students and family staying with NSC Housing, and are recommended for all NSC attendees. Visit transportation.tamu.edu and click on New Student Conference.