NEW STUDENT CONFERENCE OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS
Welcome to the Aggie family! Allow us to take care of your housing needs during your New Student Conference (NSC).
Conference & Guest Services within the Department of Residence Life would like to ease your NSC planning by inviting you, family members and friends to stay with NSC Housing.
Conveniently located next to all your conference activities, our housing is an affordable option for any travelling students in need of place to stay during their conference.
Please know, that NSC Housing tends to fill quickly and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Unfortunately, New Student Conference housing is not available for January & August conferences since current students occupy our halls and apartments.
NSC Overnight Accommodations is OPTIONAL, therefore the cost for overnight accommodations is NOT included in the NSC registration fees.
You will not pay for NSC Overnight Accommodations at your conference. The cost for NSC Overnight Accommodations will appear on the student fees statement, which will be charged in early August. There is a $10.00 charge per person for guest(s) who fail to make housing reservations for their assigned NSC. To see where the NSC Overnight Accommodations Residence Halls and White Creek Apartments are located on campus, please view our map.
|New Student Conference Overnight Accommodations Options|
|Student Housing Options||Residence Hall Room Type||Rates|
|Clements, Hobby, & Lechner Halls (depending on Conference Date)||Double Room:|
Share a room with another student, family member, or friend
Only one person in a room
|Family Housing Options||Apartment Type||Rates|
|White Creek Apartments *||2 bedroom / 1 bathroom||$75/night/apartment|
|4 bedroom / 2 bathroom||$85/night/apartment|
|4 bedroom / 4 bathroom||$90/night/apartment|
* White Creek Apartment (WCA) Family Housing located on West Campus – are rented per night. Only one student family per apartment. Apartments are fully furnished with a refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven, bedroom furniture, and living room furniture. Free WIFI is provided campus wide. Not provided in each apartment: TV’s, dining ware (e.g. glasses, silverware), and cookware (e.g. pots, pans, coffeemaker). Dining options on west campus are limited but dining options are available on main campus at the Memorial Student Center (MSC) and Sbisa Dining Hall. Please see table above for rates for WCA Family Housing.
- Please note that bus service between White Creek and the MSC is available between 7:00am and 6:00pm via Bus Route 03. Service interval is approximately every 10-15 minutes. This bus route serves White Creek Apartments and the Student Services Offices located across the street. The bus also makes stops at Wehner to provide service to several buildings in that vicinity such as the Wehner building (Mays Business School), HEEP Center and Reynolds Medical Building before returning to the MSC. If transportation is needed outside of campus transit service hours, students and family members will need to make alternative travel plans.
- NSC parking permits allow parking in lot 122 adjacent to White Creek Apartments as well as in lot 61, West Campus Garage, and Cain Garage for events in the MSC and Rudder Tower/Auditorium.
All rates subject to change.
Before You Reserve
Before requesting New Student Conference (NSC) Overnight Accommodations, be sure the new student has accepted their Offer of Admission AND that the student and their party have all registered for the NSC. To do this, please:
- Accept Offer of Admisson and/or Register for NSC
- Complete the NSC Overnight Accommodations Reservation Request
- Freshmen Students – Summer and Fall 2017 Admits: May 1, 2017
- Transfer Students – Contact the Office of Admissions
Cancellation/No Show Policy
If you fail to cancel your NSC Overnight Accommodations within 48 hours of your arrival or do not show up for check-in, you and your party will be charged for a 1 night stay on your TAMU student account or student state account if you decide not to accept your admission to Texas A&M University.
Changes or cancellations to a reservation can be made at any time by logging in to myHousing Portal and selecting “New Student Conference Overnight Accommodations” and selecting “Cancel Application”.
NSC Overnight Accommodations must be cancelled separately from New Student Conference cancellations.
- Office of Admissions – This office may assist you with questions regarding NSC registration.
- New Student & Family Programs – The best office to ask general New Student Conference questions.
- New Student Conferences – If you have not yet registered for your NSC, this is the place to visit.
- NSC Parking – Parking passes are required for students and family staying with NSC Housing, and are recommended for all NSC attendees. Visit transportation.tamu.edu and click on New Student Conference.