For Corps Hall Only
The University recognizes residents’ desire for privacy, particularly in the context of their group living situation, and will do all it can to protect and guarantee their privacy. However, the University, through Corps Area Housing Office or Office of the Commandant staff, reserves the right to enter a resident’s room at any time for the following purposes:
- To determine compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations.
- Announced EHS room safety inspections will be conducted each fall.
- To provide cleaning and/or maintenance.
- To conduct an inventory of University property.
- There is an indication of imminent danger to life, health, and/or property.
- There is a reasonable cause to believe that a violation of University or Residence Life Regulations is occurring.
- To search for missing property.
A room search by a designated Residence Life staff member is possible but rare. For such a search to take place, the conditions for room entry must exist.
A room search by law enforcement officials must be accomplished through the use of a valid search warrant, or the student may sign a release to be searched at his or her approval.