To provide higher quality services to on-campus students, the Southside Commons Lobby underwent extensive renovations from May 2015 – April 2017. The Commons Lobby was closed for renovations and will reopen to the public April 12th, 2017.
Services and amenities that will be offered in this renovated facility includes:
South Area Office
- The South Area Office will return to the Commons Lobby, Suite 127 and can provide accessible support to residential students.
- Dining services will not open until a later date and time due to continuing construction on the lower levels of the Commons Lobby.
Recreation & Community Learning Center
- Game Room and TV lounges will be available to student as well as a spacious outdoor covered patio.
- A Southside Community Learning Center will be open on April 12th to students with an open access computer lab, individual and group study rooms.
- Bus stops/bus routes near the Commons soon be restored after construction fencing is removed. See Transportation Services Bus Routes
- Mail services, including mailbox rentals, will be available to students.
Student organization office space will also be available to residential student leaders. Offices will include:
- Tutoring through the Academic Success Center will be available beginning in the fall 2017 semester.
- ATM is available in the Commons Lobby
- The Community-Oriented Police Services (C.O.P.S.) Office will also be opening for the southside of campus.
If you have questions or need additional information about Commons Lobby opening or renovations, please contact the South Area Office at 979.845.2235.