McFadden Hall is named after Ella C. McFadden and was constructed in 1979. Throughout her life, Ms. McFadden was a woman who cared deeply about others, a trait which was evident in her generosity and devotion to many worthy causes. During her lifetime, she was involved in community and church activities, with an active membership in the Girls Service League and St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church.
Ms. McFadden started the Ella C. McFadden Charitable Trust in 1947 so that she could contribute to bettering the lives of students as they pursued an education, and her generosity has been carried on since her death in 1965. Since its inception, the Trust has provided funds for the general scholarship fund and for 10 President’s Endowed Scholars at Texas A&M. These young people are but one of Ms. McFadden’s legacies to Texas and the nation.
2021 – 2022 Rates
Single Gender by Room Description
The building houses male and female residents next door to each other, but all residents in the same room are the same gender. Only residents of the same gender share a restroom.