Legett Hall is named after K.K. Legett & was constructed in 1911 and is the oldest residence hall on campus. Judge Legett was from Abilene, Texas, and a self educated man.
In 1907, he was elected president of the Board of Directors & re-elected & served until January 1911. In 1908, he wrote a letter to the Governor stating “This is the only institution in the civilized world where a number of its students are forced to live in tents.”
In 1910, after Legett had left the Board, the Directors authorized construction of a new dormitory bearing his name. Judge Legett is best known as a man whose energies and talents helped turn a wilderness into a habitable and productive country.