Hughes Hall is named after Lt. Lloyd H. Hughes ’43 and was constructed in 1964. He piloted his heavy bomber to a precision minimum-altitude bombing of Axis refineries in Ploesti, Romania on August 1, 1943, even though gasoline was streaming from his aircraft.
After flying through flames, he attempted a landing with one wing aflame. The aircraft crashed and was consumed.
Hughes Hall is one of the halls that makes up the ‘FHK’ Complex.