Davis-Gary Hall is named after Major Clarence Reid Davis & 2nd Lt. Arthur Edward Gary and was constructed in 1942.
These 2 gentlemen were the first Aggies killed in World War II. The Board of Directors named the hall after both men since it could not be determined which of the men died first.
Major Davis received a Civil Engineering B.S. degree in 1927. Lt. Gary transferred to Texas A&M from the State Teachers College and received a B.S. degree. Major Davis and Lt. Gary were both killed in action in the Philippines in December 1941.