Lacy Hall is named after Walter G. Lacy, Sr., ’96, from Waco, Texas. It was constructed in 1939. While attending Texas A&M, he was an officer in Ross Volunteers, where he received two ‘best drilled man’ medals and he earned a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Mr. Lacy was president of Citizen’s National Bank of Waco and served on the Texas A&M Board of Directors from 1923 to 1941, including a term as vice president. During his tenure on the Board he played an integral role in securing A&M’s portion of the Permanent University Fund (PUF).