Briggs Hall is named after Robert W. Briggs, ’17, from Pharr, Texas. It was constructed in 1939. Mr..Briggs received a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and as a student served as Cadet Major Commander of the Second Battalion, Second Regiment. He was also a Distinguished Student and a member of the Yearbook staff and the Athletic Council. Mr. Briggs served on the Texas A&M Board of Directors from 1936 to 1944, holding the positions of vice president and president.