FACULTY / STAFF / POST DOC APARTMENTS
Texas A&M Faculty, Staff Members, and Post Docs are welcome to apply to live at the Gardens Apartments on monthly or 12-month contracts at local market rate prices. No security deposit or background checks.
Only Texas A&M University employees or Texas A&M University employees and their approved cohabiters may reside in University Apartments. To be approved to rent an apartment, employee residents must hold a full-time (not student worker) staff, faculty, or Post-Doctorate position at Texas A&M University as defined by Texas A&M University Human Resources. In addition, the employee resident must be an adult (18 years of age or older), and be able to provide written verification of employment prior to occupancy. Approved employee residents are allowed to have cohabiters live with them as outlined in this contract.
The University Apartments offers a limited number of two bedroom, one bathroom staff/faculty apartments on a first-come, first-served basis. Employee residents will be allowed to stay for up to 24 months.
- Gardens Apartments Community Center with Open Access computer lab, wireless access, lounges, kitchen, meeting rooms, work room, and more.
- Short walk or bike ride to classes and labs
- Parking in front of your apartment (parking permits available at an additional charge from Transportation Services)
- Campus bus stops throughout the complex
- Lamiya Zahin Memorial Park and Playground located adjacent to the Gardens Apartments Community Center (open daily from sunrise to sunset)
There are two bedroom/one bath furnished apartments available for staff and faculty members. Each apartment has a stove and refrigerator; living room, kitchen, and bedroom furniture. Rent includes all utilities (electricity, hot and cold water, garbage, sewer, basic cable and Ethernet-wireless & wired) and access to the amenities listed above. Faculty and staff members may split the rent with one other staff or faculty member who meets the eligibility requirements.
|Gardens 2 bedroom/1 bath Premium|
* Rates valid thru July 31, 2020
- The staff or faculty member completes and submits the Faculty/Staff/Post Doc University Apartments Request.
- The Gardens Apartment staff will review the application and verify the eligibility of the staff or faculty member and confirm apartment vacancy.
- When apartments are available, the Gardens Apartments Staff will electronically send a rental agreement packet to the next verified staff or faculty member on the waitlist.
- The staff or faculty member must return the signed contract within three (3) business days. This rental agreement is legally binding when signed and returned to the Gardens Apartments staff member by the deadline.
- First month’s rent is due at time of move-in
The staff or faculty member or Post Doc is required to pay the rent upon arrival and between the first and seventh of each subsequent month of residency.
The staff or faculty member is responsible for paying the rent, s/he will need to pay with a cashier’s check, or money order, in the exact amount, made out to TAMU Fiscal Department. The staff or faculty member will need to bring the payment to the Gardens Apartments Office during regular business hours.
Once you have read all of the information above and you are ready to make a request, please click on the Continue to Request Form button below.