The following types of Texas A&M University students are eligible to live at The Gardens:
- Graduate student
- Married student
- Student with dependent child(ren)
- International student
- U.S. military veteran student
- Students who are at least 21 years old
- Students transferring into Texas A&M university from a 2- or 4-year college
- Students who have completed at least 2 semesters at Texas A&M University
Assignment priority is given to graduate, married, families, international, and veterans students when making assignments.
Residents will select either a 9 1/2-month contract or 12-month contract. The dates of the academic year contract are approximately August 15 to May 31. The dates of the 12-month contract are approximately August 15 to July 31. Exact dates are announced each year approximately 6 months prior to occupancy and will be available in our Events Calendar. NOTE: A student can move in before the date the contract begins with prior approval. Refer to Early Move-In for more information on how to request approval.