THRIVE: WELLNESS LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITY
About the Community
THRIVE: Wellness Living Community is open to all students interested in developing a living environment where they thrive by fostering a community of learning, engagement, and support in wellness-centered activities and opportunities.
THRIVE Group – The domains of wellness THRIVE targets are:
- Develop essential life skills
- Achieve a balanced lifestyle
- Foster general health
- Begin a life of purpose and engagement
THRIVE also focuses on establishing strong and lasting relationships within the community by implementing a three tier interactive approach. The first includes activities with the entire community, the second includes activities within smaller groups, and the third includes activities with individual partners or buddies.
- THRIVE is open to any student who has accepted to live in Texas A&M University residence halls through the Department of Residence Life, excluding the Corps of Cadets.
- Community Events: THRIVE community members have monthly dinners, one outdoor adventure a year, and one service-learning activity a year.
- Small Group: These peer mentor-led events include game nights, educational and skills-focused programs, team building activities, etc. These small group interactions occur one-two times a month.
- Partner/Buddies: These community member-led activities include getting lunch or dinner together, going to fightin’ Texas Aggie games, playing Mario Kart (or other), watching TV, and studying. The only limit is your imagination with the vast ways to interact and get to know your buddy!
- Examples of programs include: Healthy Eating with the Registered Dietician, Scheduling & Studying Tips for Success, Coloring Your Stress Away, etc.
Affiliated Faculty and Staff Contact Information
|Name & Title||Department||Phone|
Health Promotion Specialist
|Offices of the Dean of Student Lifeemail@example.com||979.845.0280|