THRIVE: WELLNESS LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITY
About the Community
THRIVE: Wellness Living Community is open to all students interested in developing a living environment where they thrive by fostering a community of learning, engagement, and support in wellness-centered activities and opportunities.
THRIVE Group – The domains of wellness THRIVE targets are:
- Develop essential life skills
- Achieve a balanced lifestyle
- Foster general health
- Begin a life of purpose and engagement
THRIVE also focuses on establishing strong and lasting relationships within the community by implementing a three tier interactive approach. The first includes activities with the entire community, the second includes activities within smaller groups, and the third includes one-on-one relationships.
THRIVE is open to any student who has accepted to live in Texas A&M University residence halls through the Department of Residence Life, excluding the Corps of Cadets.
THRIVE focuses on establishing strong and lasting relationships within the community by implementing a three tier interactive approach:
- Community Events: THRIVE community members have bi-monthly socials, semesterly community dinners, one outdoor adventure a year, and one service-learning activity a year.
- Small Group: These peer mentor-led events include game nights, educational and skills-focused programs, team building activities, etc. These small group interactions occur one-two times a month.
- Partner/Buddies: THRIVE members have the unique opportunity to develop a close mentor-style relationship with professional staff, who will work with them set personal wellness goals. Community members are also encouraged to sign up for a buddy within THRIVE—buddies can go to lunch/dinner together, Fightin’ Texas Aggie Football games, or any number of activities.
THRIVE programs and events incorporate the four targeted domains of wellness: life skills, balanced lifestyle, general health, and purpose and engagement. Examples of programs include:
- Healthy Eating with the Registered Dietician
- Scheduling & Studying Tips for Success
- Coloring Your Stress Away
- and more
During a specific period of time, students selected for this program will be able to choose a roommate(s) from other students selected for the same Living Learning Community. Students may post profiles within myHousing Portal and view responses by other students to their roommate questionnaire (i.e., sleep schedule, noise, cleanliness, etc.). Following this specific time period, students will be assigned a room with their requested roommate within the block of rooms designated for the Living Learning Community.
Affiliated Faculty and Staff Contact Information
|Name & Title||Department||Phone|
Health Promotion Specialist
|Offices of the Dean of Student Lifeemail@example.com||979.845.0280|