INNOVATION LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITY
About the Community
What is the innovation difference? The School of Innovation, I-School for short, is dedicated to student growth and development. As members of the Innovation LLC, students will discover their passions and explore interests with support from the School of Innovation, peers, faculty, and members of the Bryan/College Station community. Our living learning community will provide students with a balance between school life, campus involvement, and identifying and pursuing their passions. At the end of the experience, our innovators will be successful leaders on campus.
To participate in the I-School LLC, students must:
- Apply for on-campus housing;
- Complete a School of Innovation Interest Form at tx.ag/WheXM5K;
- Choose “Innovation LLC” as one of your LLC preferences; and
- Attend Welcome Event or meet with an I-School staff member by phone or in person.
Innovation LLC students will be matched with resources around campus and the community. Through social events, workshops, and field trips, students will have the tools to successfully navigate their first academic year.
- Students will engage with others across various majors, disciplines, and classifications
- Students will attend exclusive workshops to discover and utilize the academic and personal resources available at Texas A&M
- Students will use creativity and innovation to create a unique learning experience
At the School of Innovation, we encourage students to use their curiosity to take charge of their own learning. By engaging in our self-guided program, we foresee our students becoming creative problem solvers capable of excelling academically and socially. Students will explore their personal interests while being introduced to resources on campus and in the community.
- Students will have the opportunity to guide the LLC curriculum
- Students will work as a team on a passion project of their choice
- Students will refine their leadership skills with mentorship from I-School staff
During a specific period of time, students selected for this program will be able to choose a roommate(s) from other students selected for the same Living Learning Community. Students may post profiles within myHousing Portal and view responses by other students to their roommate questionnaire (i.e., sleep schedule, noise, cleanliness, etc.). Following this specific time period, students will be assigned a room with their requested roommate within the block of rooms designated for the Living Learning Community.
“I think [the I-School] is designed for connectivity across majors and grade levels; and so, I’m communicating with people who are older than me and also from different colleges. And so, it’s interesting to see how I have similarities with some people in Liberal Arts or differences with people in public health or other majors, and it’s interesting to see that all mind-sets can both collaborate and expand each other’s views.”
“. . . For anyone considering joining the I-School, I would tell them that do not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone . . . the School of Innovation is heading the right way and its definitely shaping leaders and allowing us to just explore our opportunities…expand our horizons and do something we think we aren’t capable of…”
“It’s a great place to go if you have ideas but don’t know where to start. The hardest part is just getting started.”