HONORS HOUSING COMMUNITY
First-year students accepted into the University Honors Program are required to live in the Honors Housing Community (HHC). The HHC is the cornerstone of the University Honors Program first-year experience, providing a fully immersive living-learning community for highly motivated high academic achievers.
HHC students help each other grow personally, professionally, and academically. Each week small groups, led by a mentor, gather to support one another, navigating the challenges of the first year. By the end of the year, students are better equipped to identify personal values, what is needed to push themselves towards excellence, and how it all fits together with their long-term goals.
HHC is only for students in the University Honors Program; Engineering Honors is clustered within the Engineering Village @ the Commons LLC in Mosher Hall. No other Honors Programs on campus offer an LLC.
Benefits of The Honors LLC
- Live with other highly motivated high academic achievers.
- Peer-led small groups support each other through first-year challenges.
- Gain unique exposure to undergraduate research options.
- Biweekly faculty presentations right where you live, dinner included.
To participate in the Honors Housing Community, students must:
- Must live in Lechner – McFadden Halls freshman year.
- Complete a University Honors application by the December 15th deadline.
- Choose Honors Housing Community as your first LLC preference.