Information for Students Who are Infected and/or Isolating
- You will receive a welfare call, email, email survey or text daily from a Department of Residence Life staff member inquiring how you are doing and if you need any assistance. Be aware that the staff member is not a health care professional. However, the staff member can help you connect with needed resources.
- No one is allowed to move in with you to provide care (including parent). If you need a caregiver, you should move to an off-campus location where care can be provided.
- Call 911 if you have a health emergency. EMS will respond. There is a cost for these services if transported.
- If you were initially treated by a private health provider, you can transfer care to Student Health Services (SHS). Call SHS Patient Services at 979.458.8310 to inquire about how to transfer your care.
- SHS Telemedicine can be scheduled at 979.458.8310 (or online at the Patient Portal).
- SHS Dial-A-Nurse can be reached at 979.458.8379.
- SHS Pharmacy can be reached at 979.458.8292 for medications. Delivery can be arranged. There is a cost for these services.
- Counseling & Psychological Services can be reached at 979.845.4427. HelpLine can be reached at 979.845.2700.
Food & Dining
- Friend (not DRL staff member) can get food or groceries at off-campus location and drop at your door. Your CD, GHD or RM will work with the Area Office staff to grant your friend temporary card access.
- Friend (not DRL staff member) can use your student ID to get “take-out” food at a TAMU Dining location. Your CD, GHD or RM will work with the Area Office staff to grant your friend temporary card access.
- Texas A&M University Dining can deliver hot/cold meals to your door. The steps below should be followed:
- A Residence Life staff member will contact the Meal Plan Office to let them know you are infected and/or isolating and may be requesting a hold/cold meal.
- The Meal Plan Office will send you a Quarantined Meal Order Form via email to provide information and allow you to select your meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner). Form must be submitted by 12:00PM each day in order to receive meals the following day. Order form menu items will be updated each day at 1:00PM. For Meal Plan holders, each delivery will deduct one Meal from the student’s meal plan or charge to Dining Dollars (rates below). For students without meal plans, an invoice will be sent to the student’s email address and can be paid via phone during business hours. Prices are $8.50 for breakfast, $10.00 for lunch, and $12.00 for dinner. Invoices must be paid by 4:00PM in order to receive food the next day.
- Meals will be delivered to the 24-Hour Service Desk, White Creek Office or Gardens Office at 8:00 – 9:00 AM for Breakfast, 11:00AM – 12:00PM for Lunch, and 5:00 – 6:00 P.M. for dinner. A Dining representative will text you that your meal is delivered. Student Workers or Resident Advisors from your facility will deliver food to your door.
- Texas A&M University Dining can deliver bulk convenience/pantry items to your door. The steps below should be followed:
- A Residence Life staff member will contact the Meal Plan Office to let them know you are infected and/or isolating and may be requesting bulk convenience/pantry items.
- The Meal Plan Office will send you a Pantry Item Order Form to provide information and select your items. Form must be submitted by 12:00PM each day in order to receive items the following day. For Meal Plan holders, each delivery will deduct Dining Dollars from a student’s meal plan. For students without meal plans or out of dining dollars, an invoice will be sent to the student’s email address and can be paid via phone during business hours. Invoices must be paid by 4:00PM in order to receive grocery items the next day. Price will be based on product selection.
- Items will be delivered to the 24-Hour Service Desk, White Creek Office, or Gardens Office at 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM. A Dining representative will text you that you that your order is delivered. Student Workers or Resident Advisor from your facility will deliver items to your door.
Facility Care & Custodial Care
- Routine work orders will not be completed until 24 hours after you are no longer infected/isolating in your room.
- If emergency maintenance/custodial (e.g. circuit breaker blown, lock doesn’t work, pipe break, sewer back up, no heat/air) needs to be done in your room, please contact your CD/GHD/RM (see contact information at the bottom of this document). The CD/GHD/RM will contact SSC regarding your emergency need. If SSC needs to enter your room to make the repair, you will need to be moved temporarily (to help prevent virus spread) while SSC is working in your room.
- You can submit an AggieWorks work request to have custodial staff drop cleaning supplies at your door.
- Trash will be picked up once a week. Custodial staff will either knock on your door or leave a trash cart outside your door.
Please Contact Your Hall/Apartment Staff Member if you have additional questions during the time you are isolating.