Room Reservation Information & Regulations
Community Center Information
- Community Center rooms may be reserved by University Apartments residents, the Department of Residence Life (DRL), DRL student organizations and Texas A&M University (TAMU) departments.
- The University Apartments Community Council and the DRL may have unlimited reservations.
- University Apartment residents may reserve a room twice a month, including any reservations made for a student organization they belong to. Residents must be present during any event when they have reserved a room.
- TAMU departments and DRL student organizations may reserve room(s) once a month.
- A single reservation is limited to no more than five consecutive days.
- Reservation days and times are limited to the days and times the Community Center is open.
- Reservations must be made in person at the University Apartments Community Center office.
- Room reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Once payment has been made, the fee is non-refundable.
RESERVED ROOM RULES
- Food and drink are not allowed in any carpeted area.
- Pets (except for service animals) smoking or alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the Community Center.
- Children 12 and under must be supervised by a parent or caregiver at all times. In addition, parents or caregivers must provide reasonable supervision of any child based on the age and any special consideration of the child.
- Pins, tacks, staples and tape should not be used on walls or tables. Approved tape may be checked out from a University Apartments staff member.
- No standing, climbing or jumping on any furniture. No loud or disruptive behavior.
- All room trash must be disposed of before you leave. A dumpster is located behind the Community Center.
- The room should be cleaned and left in the manner it was originally found before you leave. Cleaning materials may be obtained from any University Apartments staff member.
RESERVED ROOM CHARGES
- University Apartments residents, University Apartments Community Council, the DRL and DRL student organizations may reserve rooms at no cost (except for excessive cleaning and damage charges).
- TAMU departments will be charged $40 per meeting room per day, plus $40 per day if the kitchen is used.
- Excessive messes left in rooms will be billed at $18.00/hour to clean (minimum 1 hour).
- Damages to rooms or equipment will be billed at replacement cost or $18.00/hour for labor plus material costs.
- Payment in full is due upon reservation of the room and is non-refundable.
The University Apartment staff will be able to assist you while at the Community Center. Staff members can be found in the office or in the computer lab. When you arrive at the Community Center, contact a staff member to unlock the room for you. The renter and the staff member should check the room together to make sure it is set up correctly and all the necessary equipment is there. When you are done contact a staff member to check you out of the room. The staff member will be checking for cleanliness and damage.