GLOBAL LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITY
About the Community
The Global LLC will promote international opportunities to domestic students and provide incoming international exchange students the opportunity to get to know more about the U.S. and Aggie cultures. This community will pair domestic A&M students with international exchange students who study at Texas A&M for one or two semesters.
The Global LLC aims to bring together U.S. and international students for cross cultural learning and understanding through shared experiences to prepare all students for success in our increasingly global society.
To participate in the Global Living Learning Community, students must:
- Live on-campus in the community building
- Returning A&M students (U2 or above) preferred
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Interest in learning about other cultures
- Students will be more open-minded to new experiences and new cultures and show a curiosity for global issues.
- Students will seek to understand how to understand how their actions affect both local and global communities.
- Students will be able to identify how cultural benefits influence behaviors and practices at the individual and societal levels.
- Students will be able to reflect on similarities, differences, and intersections between their own and others’ cultures.
Due to the community purpose, domestic students will be paired with international students. Thus, roommates and room assignments are a manual process determined by the affiliated faculty and staff.
Affiliated Faculty and Staff Contact Information
|Bianca Cusimano Danner||Program Coordinator||Study Abroad Programs Officeemail@example.com||979.845.0544|