Community amenities and services that enhance your experience on-campus, help you be successful, and provide space to study and socialize.

Explore the services available to on-campus residents below.

We offer services to work to accommodate Aggies. Examples of housing accommodations requests that can be made include, but may not be limited to:

  • Wheelchair Accessible Room: The room is on the ground floor and the furniture is moveable.  Also, the door to the room may have an automatic door opener.  This room may also have a roll-in shower. 
  • Wheelchair Accessible Toilet/Sink: A sink that a wheelchair can fit under; usually no higher than 34” in height with minimum cabinet space underneath for knee clearance.
  • Remote Control Access: A door used for human passage that is equipped with a power-operated mechanism and controls, that helps to open the door automatically or relieves the opening resistance of a door upon receiving a signal.
  • Private Bathroom: A bathroom that is not shared between roommates.  This accommodation may be used by someone that has chronic illness such as Crohn’s disease but is not limited to this.
  • Modular Bathroom: A bathroom that is shared between two people.  This bathroom is enclosed within the living space itself.
  • Roll-in Shower (no lip): Have no barriers and a wheelchair could easily roll in to it.
  • Large Shower (with lip): Have a slight barrier and a wheelchair may have a more difficult time maneuvering in it.
  • Strobe Light: A flash lamp that produces high-intensity short-duration light pulses; may be used to aid students with hearing impairments during emergency situations.
  • Braille Signage: A system of writing and printing for blind or visually impaired people, in which varied arrangements of raised dots representing letters and numerals are identified by touch.
  • First Floor Room: Room that does not require the use of stairs; room that has access to the main level.
  • Service Animal: Service animal means any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including, but not limited to, guiding individuals with impaired vision, alerting individuals with impaired hearing to intruders or sounds, providing animal protection or rescue work, pulling a wheelchair, or fetching dropped items.
  • Access for Personal Attendant(s) – A student needing a personal attendant should discuss this with his or her Accommodations Counselor.  Texas A&M University does not provide, but can assist the student, in finding a personal attendant.

Housing accommodations are handled on a first come, first served basis.  Once on campus housing assignments have been assigned (usually in late May or early June for the Fall semester), there may be limited (or no) options left for on-campus housing.

Learn more about requesting accommodations.

A convenience phone is located near at least one entrance of each residence hall or apartment office.

These phones are provided for guests to contact residents, who can then open exterior doors and properly escort the guest to their room. These phones have a red emergency button, which, when pressed, places the caller in immediate contact with the University Police Department

ResNet (Residential Network) allows connection to the internet as well as other campus resources.

Each residence hall or apartment room has two high-speed network connections to ResNet. In addition to the wired connections in each room, wireless connectivity to ResNet is available in all of the residential facilities and in outdoor locations directly adjacent to some of the halls. Connecting to ResNet requires network cable to connect the computer to the room’s network connection or a computer that supports wireless access. You may have a personal router as long as the wireless feature is turned off.

For more information and technical support, contact the Texas A&M Computing and Information Services (CIS) Help Desk Central (979.845.8300) or select Student Services at

High Efficiency Laundry IconAll on-campus residents have access to high efficiency front-loading washers and dryers. Residents of the residence halls and Corps halls have washers and dryers in their hall or in a nearby hall. No cash or coins are needed as the laundry cost is included in the rent. Residents in White Creek Apartments have a washer and dryer in their apartment. Residents in the Gardens Apartments have either a washer and dryer in their apartment or access to an on-site credit or debit card-swipe operated laundry facility. All residents must furnish their own laundry supplies. Because these machines are high efficiency, it is very important to follow the instructions located on the machines so you do not use too much soap, which may result in the machine not operating properly.

App Store & Google Play IconsAll on-campus residents without a washer and dryer in their apartment have access to LaundryAlert which will allow you to “visit” your laundry room from anywhere using your computer, iPhone, or Android device. Visit or download the app from the App Store or Google Play. *

If you notice a broken machine, please report it to Caldwell and Gregory laundry services at or call 800.927.9274 for faster service.

* Compatible with most iOS and Android devices. For other phone operating systems use:

Students will have access to at least one “public hallway phone” on every residential floor of every building, with the exception of Hart and Walton halls, where the phones are located only on the first floor of each ramp. These phones are available for local calls and can be used for personal or emergency use.
The campus has a beautiful Student Recreation Center which all Aggies are encouraged to take advantage of. Residents at The Gardens Apartments also have access to a fitness room located near the Community Center.

In addition to this, sand volleyball pits are located adjacent to the FHK Complex, Hullabaloo and Hart Hall. A Sand volleyball pit is also available at The Gardens Apartments. The courts operate on a first-come basis and are available to all on-campus residents.

Hullabaloo Hangout Hours of Operation:

Fall & Spring Hours

  • Sunday – Thursday 12:00p.m.-12:00a.m.
  • Friday – Saturday 12:00p.m.-2:00a.m.

Summer Hours

  • Sunday-Saturday 5:00p.m.-10:00p.m.

There are also basketball courts next to Walton Hall. To protect the study environment of residents who live next to the courts, the courts are only open from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.

For pool, ping-pong, and foosball, visit the Hullabaloo Hangout Game Room in the Northside Commons in Hullabaloo Hall. Equipment is available for checkout to all residents through the Hullabaloo Hangout desk. There is no charge for checkout. The Gardens Apartments also has a game room that consists of a pool table, foosball & ping pong table and is located at the Community Center.

Cable TV Service Only IPTV Service Only Choice of Cable TV Service or IPTV Service
Available In:

Available In:

Available In:

Cable television is a system of delivering television programming via radio frequency signals transmitted through coaxial cables. Philo IPTV is live TV and DVR on any device (laptops, tablets, smartphones and TV sets) – anywhere on campus. IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) is television programming provided via the Internet instead of traditional coaxial cable. Residents in the above buildings have the choice of which service to utilize during their time on campus. Please refer to the left two columns for more information about the television services.
Connecting Your TV

Go to Connecting Your TV

Cable Channel Lineup

Connecting Your TV or Devices

Go to Philo IPTV


Connecting Your TV or Devices

Please refer to the appropriate column to the left of the service you are attempting to connect to.


Television Requirements

Texas A&M Information Technology Telecommunications recently transitioned the campus cable television service from an analog AND digital lineup to an ALL digital service. Please check to make sure the television you will be bringing to campus is capable of tuning digital channels. If you have a newer TV, your TV should work. Many TV’s purchased since 2004 have digital converters built-in. All TV’s manufactured after 2007 are required by law to have digital signal receivers. To make sure your TV will receive digital channels, consult your owner’s manual and look for labeling on the TV that says, “Digital Ready”, “DTV”, “Digital Tuner Built in”, “HDTV”, “QAM”, “Integrated Digital Tuner”, and so on. If your TV has any of these labels, your TV should work. You will just need to plug the TV into the wall jack with a coaxial cable, complete an auto-tune, and begin watching TV.

If you have an older TV, and your owner’s manual states the TV only has an NTSC tuner, your TV will not work with the campus cable system. You will need to either buy a new TV with a built in digital tuner, or buy a digital converter that has an QAM tuner and hook up this device to your old TV. If you decide to buy a digital converter instead of a new TV, make sure the converter has the correct outputs that match one of the inputs on the back of your TV.

Service Calls

For all of your cable television service needs, call 979.845.8300. This is the Texas A&M Information Technology 24 Hour Helpdesk. A Help Desk Central staff member will troubleshoot the problem over the phone with you. If your problem cannot be resolved over the phone, a technician will be sent to your room or apartment the next available business day to correct the problem. Some problems will require an appointment with a technician, and some will not. You will be informed if your problem requires an appointment with a technician.

Channel Lineup

Channel 2.1 will offer a Channel Lineup and programming information. You can get a current lineup for TV programming by going to the Cable Channel Lineup.

The Department of Residence Life, in collaboration with Peer Academic Services, offers tutoring in various academic subjects. Learn more about this service at Academics in Residence.
Vending machines are located throughout the residence hall areas. Consult your hall staff for the location of the nearest vending machine. For drink and snack machine refunds, residents may receive refunds from the North Area Office (Hullabaloo 101).

To report repair needs for the drink machines,  call 1.800.888.3508. Call 979.778.9500 to report needed snack machine repairs.

Work order requests for residence hall or apartment repairs for maintenance/custodial requests can be submitted from your computer. You can access the work order system at Visit Maintenance & Pest Control for additional information.

If you do not have access to a computer or the online work order system is not operational, contact hall staff to submit a work order.